Private money, also known as “hard money,” has become a popular alternative to conventional loans, especially during these stressful sellers’ market days which we have been experiencing for the past several years.
Why is that? Because FAST is the name of the game in this dog-eat-dog market and private money can be available in as little as a week through some hard money lenders, such as Sun Pacific Mortgage. Unlike conventional lenders where the loan process can take months to get approved, Sun Pacific Mortgage has much less red tape and requirements for these private money loan programs. Our 33+ years in business has allowed us the experience to become truly expert in the loan approval process, solving any bumps that come up along the way. Service all of California Home Buyers, Borrowers, Realtors, Conventional Lenders, Mortgage Brokers and Investors alike; Anyone who need a quick close or who has been turned down for a conventional loan.
Let’s examine six factors that influence a private money lender before entering a contract with a borrower:
- Collateral: Lenders are in the equity business, not the real estate business. They will consider all aspects of the property (physical condition, its marketability, and its profit potential), but the loan-to-value (LTV) is of primary importance.
- Conditions: To minimize risk, Lenders look at other property inventory and at the resale or rental value of the given home/land.
- Capacity: Lenders must consider the ability of the Borrower to carry out the terms of the loan and their existing obligations.
- Capital: Lenders expect the Borrower to have significant “skin-in-the-game” at the closing table.
- Character: Many Lenders look at the character of the potential Borrower. They look for liens and judgments which could affect the property under consideration.
- Credit: With asset-based hard money lending, credit isn’t the most principal factor, but it may affect the interest rate the borrower pays.
Using a reliable, experienced company like Sun Pacific Mortgage to either invest or borrow money through, has been a wise choice for thousands over the past 3 decades. Give us a call at 707-523-2099 to see what we can do for you. You can also find us at www.SunPacificMortgage.com.
Comments are closed.