All Roads Lead to Rome
This ancient adage simply means that the facts of a matter point to one conclusion. Since I write articles about lending and real estate, I’ll give you the facts and let’s see if “all roads lead to Rome”, that is we conclude the same thing.
- Interest rates on 30 year and 15 year fixed rate mortgages are at historic lows.
- Mortgage interest deduction is still intact.
- Property values are at or near the bottom of the market in many areas.
- Owning a home is as cheap as renting in many areas of the country.
- There are lots of homes being sold everywhere in the country.
- Loans are being made in all areas of the country.
- FHA ( Federal Housing Administration) still makes loans to Buyers with 3.5% down and there are still zero down programs!
Private money loans now account for 1% of all loans done in the USA. With a good down payment you can buy a home even if you just did a short sale, had a property foreclosed upon and/or did a bankruptcy or are in bankruptcy.
In the county I live in, the median price for a home has risen for the last 3 months.
America isn’t going to dry up and disappear. It will recover from the current mess.
What do you conclude from the above?
If you are considering buying a home – go and do it right now!
All roads lead to “Home”.