Are your toying with the idea of selling or staying in your home? Whatever you decide, increasing the value of your home is a win-win. Some improvements you can make will add to the beauty of your home, while others will make it more efficient or more comfortable. Whether you want to build equity in your home or sell it for top dollar, there are plenty of home improvement projects that are worth considering.
- CLEAN AND DECLUTTER: Deep cleaning and decluttering can add as much as $4000 to your resale value according to a 2019 survey from HomeLight. Even if you are not moving, this exercise will help decrease stress in your life by providing more organization and simplifying your life.
- MAKE YOUR HOME MORE EFFICIENT: An inexpensive way to improve efficiency and save money is to install a smart thermostat. If you are tech-savvy, you can even control your home’s temperature from your phone while you are away.
- FRESH PAINT AND FLOORING: An inexpensive way to update and freshen up your interior and exterior is with a coat of paint. Everyone loves newer carpeting and fresh paint. Most home buyers are looking for a turnkey home so they can just unpack their boxes and settle in without the hassle of renovating. And if you are staying in your home, these simple upgrades will make you love your home even more!
- UPGRADE DOORS: Replacing your front door will do wonders to the overall curb appeal of your home. Replacing interior doors or just painting and replacing the hinges and doorknobs can add freshness to your home. Since the front of your home is the first thing a prospective buyer will notice, a new garage door is a great idea. Garage doors take up the most amount of space on the front of your home, so installing an interesting take of the usual garage door could bring in more buyers and please your neighbors, too.
- ADDING USUABLE SQUARE FOOTAGE: This makes a lot of financial sense since the value of your home is based on livable square feet. Adding a bathroom, a great room or an additional bedroom can greatly increase both the function and value. A “Granny Unit” is another valuable addition that can become a possible income source as well as add value.
Your next question may be “How will I finance these home improvements?”
One of the financing options available to homeowners who want a fast cash, have less than stellar credit or difficulty proving income, is a Hard Money loan – also known as Private Money and Alternative Financing.
Sun Pacific Mortgage has been coming to the aid of this demographic for over 3 decades. We have helped thousands of clients who would otherwise have been left without the means to make improvements or to invest in real estate. If you are interested in pursuing a loan from us, please give us a call at 707-523-2099 or check us out on our website at www.Sunpacificmortgage.com.