Let me start off by saying Thank-You for your Investor participation in making 2021 and 2022 our biggest and best years ever of doing Hard Money loans!
In 2021 we funded 259 Hard Money Loans, over $117 million, with the average loan size $458,000. The average interest rate was 9.99%.
For the first two quarters in 2022 so far, we have completed 163 Hard Money Loans, over $81 million already, and the average loan size $503,679. The average interest rate is 9.66%.
This is a good mix of Owner-Occupied Loans, Rental Property Loans, Bridge Loans, Temporary Loans, a few small Commercial Loans, and a handful of Land Loans.
We do loans state-wide.
Despite increasing interest rates, real estate is still a strong investment with home equity being maintained, and home prices only slightly dipping, primarily due to lack of inventory with high demand for real estate from Buyers.
The top source for loans so far this year have been Mortgage Brokers bringing us loans. This is truly a testament to our tremendous effort with customer service and bringing our “A-game” with fast funding times. After that was referrals from other Loan Originators, Past Borrowers coming back. Then came Real Estate Agents.
We are taking an average of 3 weeks to fund a loan. 30 percent of the loans funded were fractionalized – meaning they were funded by more than 1 Investor. 70% of the loans funded are done by a single Investor.
Sun Pacific Mortgage has recently passed its 34th Anniversary of doing Private Money loans.
2022 Goals and Purposes
One of the secrets to our success at Sun Pacific is that we have well thought out Goals and Purposes. I’d like to share a few of them with you so you can know just who you are working with and know that these are in place for your benefit.
- We have always worked to be expert in what we do. That means staying abreast of the volume of regulations that apply to Hard Money, including annual continuing education to maintain our lending licenses. We are also active members of the California Mortgage Association (CMA), which is a statewide organization specifically for Licensed Hard Money Professionals.
- We attend the quarterly CMA meetings which have the stated purpose to keep Members informed of regulations and how best to implement them. We have a seasoned Hard Money Attorney always on retainer to answer any legal questions that may arise in our day to day operation.
- I am subscribed to RESPA News and the Dodd Frank Report, which I read.
- We do not have a “fund”, nor do we “pool” investors. We will do fractionalized loans with a maximum of 9 investors – no more.
- We always use a third-party Escrow company, usually a big national company like Stewart Title, First American Title, Old Republic, Fidelity, etc.
- We do not service loans. (click here to see a list of servicing companies with good reputations).
I thought that by knowing more of who we are, it can help your choice in funding a loan through us.
Needed and Wanted
Hopefully, you now have a better idea of who we are, and our experience. With this being a 2-way street, I’d like to hear what might be needed and wanted from you as an Investor? These could be suggestions on any aspect of our experience together with the idea of making it better. Please take a moment and let me know. I’d love to hear any thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc.
If you haven’t had a chance to answer our recent survey, please let us know and we’ll send it right away.
Our office intends on surpassing last year’s production so keep your eyes open for our emails with Trust Deed Offerings! We are well on target to surpass last year’s production by about 30%.
It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out and I look forward to receiving your thoughts.
Our family company looks forward to sending you good investments you can fund, offerings you can refer to friends and family to fund, and good-looking investments you can fractionalize in with others.
Broker and Co-Owner
Sun Pacific Mortgage & Real Estate
800 Mendocino Avenue #2, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
CA BRE License # 01464899
NMLS # 360993